Re: HELP!!!! TI-86 Owner is Lost!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HELP!!!! TI-86 Owner is Lost!!!!

 >>In fact, I'm sure everyone would agree with me that Z80 assembly is
easier
>>to learn then IBM/PC assembly
>
>x86/16 (x86-16bit) is quite close to the Z80 because it's the same
>type of idea. They are both Soft (and hard) CISCy*. However, the x86
>is more soft CISCy than the Z80. This means that running through the
>command set of the Z80 is simpler than for the x86 (because the x86
>has more commands..)

I agree, that's what I meant

 > actual applied programming requires all sorts of
>tricks for the Z80, and not so for the x86.

Exactly, thats what I meant by Z80 programming is harder to *implement*

>(like wasting 2 hours on figuring out why the heck TASM complained
>about a .end directive. (Needed an enter after the .end).

I usually use a simple program as a template to narrow down stupid errors
like that.

>Is anyone writing something better and simpler like NASM*? I am

I always liked TASM (Turbo Assembler), since many of the tutorials are
written for it, and the support
of "ideal mode" and since its fairly easy to find using FTP search at
http://ftpsearch.ntnu.no/ftpsearch  :-)

-Cyber Optic
http://www.dogtech.com/cybop/ti86/