Re: running calc on AC adaptor . . . . . SOUND? :)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 04:59 PM 10/29/97 -0800, you wrote:

>> I don't think that would work without taking the batteries out every time
>> you want to use the adaptor.  Would someone correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>> Donald McKay
>> donmckay@juno.com
>>
>> "Carpe diem" - Horace
>
>Lets assume you used some little jack on the calculator (eek, would
>require drilling a big hole), a male jack for plugging in an AC
>adaptor... perhaps you could make/purchase some sort of device that
>automatically switches the battery connection since the AC is kicked in.
>Dunno, (for sure, I won't try it). The "headphone adaption" thing will
>be my next hardware creation piece. (okay sarcasm, just gotta find one
>of dem jacks. ehehehe)
>
>-(: Modem Boy :)-

Actually, since circuitry follows the less resistent path, transistors and
resistors should do the job nicely.  Transistors act something like a
switch, and when used in combination with resistors, you can "detect" when
the AC adapter is plugged in.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org