Re: WTB: UPCs from TI graph calc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 07:18 PM 11/25/97 -0600, you wrote:
>In article <19971125045200.XAA05845@ladder02.news.aol.com>, raftcycle@aol.com
>(Raft Cycle) writes:
>>
>> I want to buy UPCs from any TI graphing calculators.
>>
>> I will send $1.00 upon arrival of UPC.
>>
>> Email me to let me know how many you have as well as to get my address.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
>Just a speculation...
>Sounds like someone is trying to make extra money off of some rebates.  I
>wouldn't bite this hook.  He could be getting about $10-$20 or so.  If you do
>reply, ask for more money.

This person also didn't say that the $1.00 included postage or not.  Either
they will spend a total of $1.32 to give you $1.00 or will spend $1.00 to
give you $.68.  On top of that, you would have to mail it to him with the
$.32 cost of a stamp, so you would only really make $.36 to $.68 from the
entire thing...not including the price of the envelope which you would use
and then he would use another, decreasing the total return value to almost
nil, while he would apparently make quite a bit more.  So, in reality, you
are losing money in the long run.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

  Spam-Fighter code is:  14806560   (New technique to fighting spam)
  Enter "Spam-Fighter:  XXXXXXXX" in the body of a personal message
  to thruska@tir.com.  Otherwise the message will be filtered as spam.