Re: somebody stop these damn pam and tommy posts

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: somebody stop these damn pam and tommy posts

In article <Pine.BSI.3.91.971125231222.9421G-100000@Walden.MO.NET>, "Eric P.
Anderson" <crusader@WALDEN.MO.NET> writes:
> Umm, wrong.  I would be perfectly happy to forward all of them to you
> (haven't emptied my trash in a while) and there are loads more than
> 5...I can handle the decent traffic, but this kind of crap pisses me off
> and I know I'm not alone.  Why do you think TI is happy to have this
> crosslinked to a newsgroup?  Do you represent them?  I don't believe so.
> Anybody who can get newsgroups can also get email, so there is no reason
> to have them linked together.  Why do you feel the need to defend this
> spam?  What you think about it is irrelevant to the issue.  The fact is
> that it is inappropriate and must stop.
>
> On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, 82nd Deer wrote:
>
>> I call what you and all the others keep posting crap.  Stop replying to the
>> damn spam and we'll cut the unwanted email in half.  And if you can't take
>> the messages (there's no fucking way we've gotten 50 spam, try 5.  We've
>> probably gotten 50 messages this month) than just take yourself off the
>> list.  TI is happy to have this crosslinked to a newsgroup and it will
>> probably stay that way.

Yes, we can get email, but some of us can't hold MUCH email.  I have small
account here at school, and my disk quota would be overdrawn in half a day if I
subscribed to this list.  Since I use the newsgroup, I don't have to waste my
small disk space.
--

                                 Will Chamberlain
                            Tennessee Tech University