Re: changing font output and real-time countdown

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Sun, 23 Nov 1997 16:19:27 -0500, Shaffer7@AOL.COM wrote:

>Hello.
>   I would dearly appreciate 3 pieces of information.  I am a USAF Navigator
>writing a program to be used by Nav's worldwide, so this is an important
>project.
>   Q1) Can I display the normal text or var output in a bigger size?
Not without doing it yourself.
TI Only included 2 fonts on the 80-85. The small variable pitch
(Text), and the big fixed one (Disp). On the 86, I believe it is
possible to install your own fonts, although I do not know the limits
of this.

>   Q2) Can I get a subroutine or program or command to count-down or use
>real-time secs in a program.  (ex, 5 4 3 2 1 0)

No. The 8xs have no crystals. (You didn't mention what calc you are
talking about; I don't know about the 92s). It may be possible to have
a pulse from a clock sent via the link port, to be used in a program.

>  Q3) Is there any way in the world that a real variable (ex '2.') can be
>displayed as '2' without the decimal after it?

Perhaps you are talking about a 92. On the 82, just set it to floating
point, or to 0 decimal places. On anything else, the hard way to do it
would be to do this:
If A=2:Disp "2"
If A=3:Disp "3
etc

>I would appreciate any help you could give me.
>Thanks
>Brian Shaffer

Follow-Ups: References: