Re: TI-86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-86

>Take my advice,  you don't need a shell to run anything.

I would agree... but a shell can run programs easier.  All you'd need is
a very simple program; no password, no off feature, just a bare bones
program.

>A shell is
>just
>useless overhead.  It's like saying you need Windows to run a dos app

Well, running stuff under DOS needs a DPMI Server, memory managers
(sometimes), and a bunch of other shit, so why bother dicking with it and
just run it without worry under Windows?

>ridiculous!  Like, what's the point?  The whole point of assembler is
>to be
>native, like in fast and pure; so why f...  it up by overloading it
>with
>useless
>garbage like a shell.

Shell's are useful, but they don't need to be filled with stupid
features.  I know how to turn off my calc.  Passwords are stupid, since
they will *always* require a reset if you accidentally screw with them.

>Shells are for idiots who don't know how to
>properly run
>Z80 assembler on TI Calcs.

Or for people who don't feel like typing a bucnh of shit to run an
assembly program, when a TI-83, older than the 86, can do it
automatically.

>The key:  do your homework and learn how
>to run
>programs properly.

I know how to do it, but why type all of it when a shell could do it
quicker?