Re: Should I exchange my TI-82 for a TI-85?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Should I exchange my TI-82 for a TI-85?

Definitely trade! The TI-85 has so much more than the TI-82, but the TI-82
only has a few features the TI-85 doesn't, such as a table and multiple
last entries. It is true that the TI-82 is newer, but the TI-85 has a lot
more features, such as advanced matrix and vector math, much better
calculus, higher resolution screen, unit conversion, multiple number bases,
variables can be named, no limit to number of variables, a catalog, a
custom menu, the ability to store strings, physical constants, polynomial
solver, simultaneous equation solver, bit manipulation functions, equation
variables so you don't have to write a program for a formula, and many
others I've forgotten.

The TI-85 has a different interface than the TI-82 and will feel different,
but once you learn it, I can almost guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Jeff Tyrrill
http://tyrrill-ticalc.home.ml.org/
http://ti-philes.home.ml.org/