Re: Should I exchange my TI-82 for a TI-85?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Larry G Currie wrote:

> >Should I trade my 82 for my teachers 85?
> IMHO, no.  The 82 is a slightly newer and , more refined calc. Other than
> expansion devices, the 82 is as well supported as the 85.  Both are
> "outdated," so it is like trading your Pacer for a Gremlin.  (no slams
> intended.)   If there was an 83 or 86 offered, go for it.  The only
> benefit I can see is the SPinTerface.
> -Larry C.
> Larry1492@juno.com

Now wait.

Neither the 82 or the 85 is outdated.  You seem to have the AOL user
mentality that whenever a new computer processor is introduced you
instantly have a piece of outdated hardware.

By no means are they obsolete.  They would only be obsolete if the only
people using it were a MINORITY... a VERY SMALL minority.  Take the 81
for instance.  That is an obsolete/outdated calculator.  TI doesn't even
make it anymore.  TI does however, make 82's and 85's and many people
STILL USE THEM!

Concerning trading an 82 for an 85, go for it.  The 85 beats the 82 any
day, hands down.