My $0.02 on Usgard

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

My $0.02 on Usgard

I think some of the features in Usgard are excellent, such as libraries,
interrupts, more ROM calls, etc. But the shell is quite annoying. I have to go
through several menus to do anything. Everything should be on one screen, like
ZShell. Extra features, like customization and maybe interrupt controller
programs should be accessible with another keystroke; for example, 2nd turns
the calc-off, F1-F5 control miscellaneous options. Also, it seems that many
elements are in there that just take up memory, like the background graphic
and the huge, clunky shell. Maybe these can be replaced. Hopefully the authors
will create a simple interface like ZShell and CShell for the final release. I
realize that they tried to imitate Windows 95, but why? Win95 was designed by
people who obviously don't know much about interfaces or usability. I would
hate to have to say the same thing about the authors of this otherwise great
shell.

Remember, not everyone has a RAM expander.

Jeff Tyrrill's TI Calculator Site: Contains programming tips, undocumented
discoveries and tips for power users, and comparisons of the different
calculator models.
http://tyrrill-ticalc.home.ml.org/

TI-Files member: The premiere TI site on the web, with reviews of games and
more.
http://ti-files.home.ml.org/