From:   Open discussion of TI Graphing Calculators  On Behalf Of Eli Allen
Sent:   Friday, June 20, 1997 7:59 PM
To:     CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
Subject:        Re: QUESTIONS about the TI-86!?!

Jeff Tyrrill <Jeff_Tyrrill@MSN.COM> wrote in article
<UPMAIL13.199706202250150803@msn.com>...
> The ASCII to Hex conversion is NOT an assembler, like what you do with
Tasm.
> ASCII and Hex are just two ways of storing data in a computer.

This command (AsmComp) does not look like a ASCII to Hex converter. If you
look logically at this command it looks like its a shorter way of saying
Assembly (from Asm) Compiler (from Comp)  This makes it seem like a user
can type Asm code into the calc, use this command, then have a compiled
program to use.

> >6.)  On page 226 in the TI-86 Guidebook, It says something about the
Assembly
> >Language Compiler.
> >Here's all it says:
> >AsmComp(AsciiAssemblyPrgmName,    - Compiles an assembly language
program
> >written in in ASCII and stores the hex version.
> >-------------  What it is this supposed to mean?  How do you write in
ASCII?

--
Eli Allen       eallen@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us