Re: copyright

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: copyright

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997 08:41:10 -0400, Oleg Shvartsman
<oshvarts@gw.ford.com> wrote:

>Jeff Tyrrill wrote:
>>
>> With the ROM image, you essentially have the calculator because you
>> can run it
>> on an emulator. That is one reason TI would definitely mind if the ROM
>> is
>> being distributed; the other is just that they want to protect their
>> copyright.
>
>And if you would please explain to me: what need do I have for an
>emulator of a TI calc on a _PC_ if there are tons of much better math
>(and game) software for it.  Isn't PORTABILITY the main point of
>calculators?  You can't (and don't want to) haul a PC with an emulator
>to your calculus (or intro to algebra, for that matter) class, do you?

Exactly!

I am a potential buyer for either a Ti.85 or an HP48GX. But I won't
buy anything before I am able to try it. And going to a store doesn't
help cause you can't use it with your own problems. I would need a
week with it to try it out and read the manual or learn how to use it,
before I could make a decision.

Free emulators would certainly help my choice, and wouldn't certainly
stop me from buying, because portability is the main thing!

Luis