Re: ok, the big question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ok, the big question

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernard Domroy <bdomroy@IEPSNET.COM>
To: CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM <CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM>
Date: Friday, July 25, 1997 4:31 PM
Subject: Re: ok, the big question

>Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.  The mentality of this group is declining
>daily.
>You have a 92 which is a superb game player, looks like a gameboy and
>has a 68000.  I assume that the Fargo programmers have all sorts of games.
>
>You need a calculator that you can use on the SAT and ACT, and yet a major
>consideration is its ability to play games.  Are you going to play games
>during
>the SAT and ACT?  Because if you are, don't bother taking the tests.
Yeah, sure...I'm gonna play games on the SAT/ACT ... I think you're so busy
flaming people that you underestimate them...do you think I don't recognize
when you're being sarcastic?

>What you should be looking for is a calculator that will provide you with
the
>power you need on these tests.  As a teacher of Sat preparation classes, I
>think you
>should be able to do anything you need with the simplest of scientific
calcs
>but I am sure you don't want that answer.

I think that for some problems, a basic calc is all you need...but there are
always cases when a graphing calculator is more convient and efficient.