Re: Programming the Z80 chip?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Programming the Z80 chip?

I picked up a book some 16 years ago when the Z80 was still quite
popular.  It is titled "Z80 Users Manual", by Joseph J. Carr. (The book
is so outdated that it states MOSTEK Inc. as second-source supplier for
the Z80 chip.  Heh heh heh!  I was working for MOSTEK in '84 when they
went belly-up and sold out to SGS Microelectronics.)

Anyhow, the book explains the Z80 pin outs, CPU control signals, support
chips, interfacing of various peripherals, how to program the chip,
which instructions affect certain registers, and many other things.  The
publisher is Reston Publishing Company, Inc (a division of
Prentice-Hall).  I doubt if it is still available but nonetheless a
source.

Rick Homard
rcriasm@dwx.com
rhomard@juno.com