Re: Storing and retrieving formulas?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Storing and retrieving formulas?

You can get around the +/- by using a list.  Do this:

(-b + {1, -1} sqrt(b^2-4ac))/(2a)

To store the formula...hmmmm...I've sold my 85 and have also lost some
of my knowledge of it.  I believe you can type in the formula (given
above) type in the equal sign and then the name.  for example:

(-b + {1, -1} sqrt(b^2-4ac))/(2a) = QF

If I'm wrong about this then somebody please correct me.

Jazz wrote:

> I am new to the TI-85 and need some assistance in storing a formula such as
> the Quadratic Eq. formula and how do I retrieve the formula later without
> retyping it in?
>
> Also in the Quadratic formula there a +/- sign.. which is not on the
> keypad... what is my way around this?
>
> Many Thanks,
> John Bankson
>

> -------------------------------
> Nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.
> Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful
> men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is
> almost a proverb. Persistence and determination alone are
> omnipotent.          -- Calvin Coolidge
>
> J Bankson
> e-mail: jazz1@iamerica.net
> homepage: http://cust2.iamerica.net/jazz1/