Re: 32k ain't enough. SFExp is one way, but how about this:

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 32k ain't enough. SFExp is one way, but how about this:

Don't think you need anything special between the cable.

I just sent a signature (a bit of a whirling sound, kinda like the
initialize synchonize sound you hear when you connect to the internet by
modem.), to tape, and then recieved it back, into a string, and send the
string off the PC (with a link). I analysed the gotten info, versus what
should be there,were the tape of perfect quality. Very few were off the
mark. Definitly possible to write data to a tape, especially with a simple
T2 Errorcheck (ie: assuming there is just one error in a block of, oh, say,
64, it can fix it. any more, it will know, but will fix wrongly/ possibly
know it's bad, but can't fix.). Still working on it. Having a bit of a slow
start since I just got my cable, and I'm completely new to Z80 assembler
and the Ti85's assembly. the assembler isn't too hard (a lot like 8086
assembler), but still getting used to the ti85 stuff. mostly the lack of
interrupts to perform duties (ie: mov dx,offset TxtMsg|mov ah,9:int 21h and
stuff).

Unless I run over some really weird problem, expect TAPE85 to be released
sometime. I do have a lot of work on my hands, so it might take a while. As
to the Floppy drive idea.. someone else will have to go with it, since I
don't have a portable one, nor do I want to buy one knowing that it might
just not work. Probably won't buy one if it will, either. In the mean time,
i'll keep brainstorming as well for other external portable storage ideas.
NB: extension on the fdd thing.. a PCMCIA card reader interface. In fact, I
have a pcmcia 1mb memory card right now, for my palmtop.

--
-R.Zwitserloot@BTInternet.com

J Boylan <After5@MindSpring.Com> wrote in article
<5plqud$kn5@camel12.mindspring.com>...