Re: OShell & Ash

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: OShell & Ash

At 12:58 AM 7/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I think that the different formats are very similar (I've checked this
>by compiling almost the same code fore each).  You have to use the
>format's respective compiler, and you have to watch for ti-82.h or
>ti82.h (don't remember which is which).  Oshell allows you to have the
>string of your choice display in the menu, but Ash simply uses the name
>of the file on the TI-82, limiting it to 8 chars.

ASH and OShell-82 are now virtually equal.  ASH still has a slight edge
(nicer interface but that's all), but with the brand NEW ASH <-> OShell-82
Developers Kit v0.5b1, both worlds are now almost equal.  Using ONE FILE
ONLY to control almost every aspect of developing, you can compile, edit,
and print programs from DOS, Windows 3.1, and Win 95!  All that (and more)
can be done with a touch of a button!  Not to mention, you don't even need
to memorize which include file goes with which shell.  You only need to
remember "offti-82.h" which stands for the official TI-82 assembly include
file which covers both shells in one file.

Signed,
Thomas J. Hruska

|----------------------------------------------------|
|             Shining Light Productions              |
|      "Meeting the needs of fellow programmers"     |
|                                                    |
|   C/C++ programs                                   |
|   QBasic programs                                  |
|   JavaScript                                       |
|   TI-82 ASM                                        |
|   TI-Basic                                         |
|   HTML                                             |
| Search for our web site at                         |
| www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/8504/      |
| We use a dynamic web server for most of our        |
| documents!!!                                       |
| Soon to go to a full JavaScript 1.1 web site!      |