Re: OShell & Ash

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: OShell & Ash

I think that the different formats are very similar (I've checked this
by compiling almost the same code fore each).  You have to use the
format's respective compiler, and you have to watch for ti-82.h or
ti82.h (don't remember which is which).  Oshell allows you to have the
string of your choice display in the menu, but Ash simply uses the name
of the file on the TI-82, limiting it to 8 chars.

Another difference that I think exists is that OShell at this point is
unable to use the routine FIND_PIXEL, while Ash is able to.

Because of these differences (which can be easily overcome if you know
what to look for when programming), when I release 82-Asm programs, I
will probably release versions for both shells.

Michael Bendzick
http://www.millcomm.com/~bendzick/ti82.html

Agent 11 wrote:

> I haven't been on the newsgroups for 2 weeks because my computer broke
> down and had to get repairs done on it.  Are OShell and Ash
> incompatible?  I went to TI-Calc and they had separate archives for
> OShell and Ash.  That sucks.  I guess I have to make 2 separate folders
> to store my files in. (sigh)
> --
> UNCLE Agent11
> paulhc@swbell.net