Re: Crank Power?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Crank Power?

At 09:25 PM 8/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear Tom:
>    I'd recomend inventing a hand crank powered battery recharger
>instead since the power produced by hand driven things tends to vary and
>the flucatuations may not be good for the calcuator.  Also, I don't want
>to have to crank my calc in math class.
>
>William Deich
>bevd@bellsouth.net

That's not what I meant.  Its like a wind-up toy, you crank it, and it
stores the energy in the spring.  When the energy is released, it goes from
mechanical to electrical.  With the right gear ratios, you can get a solid
6 volts out of this for hours.  No more need for batteries...rechargeable
or not.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

Follow-Ups: References: