Crank Power?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Crank Power?

I was watching the 6:30pm news and saw a man who had ingeniously used an
old fashioned hand crank (like the ones used on phonographs) to power not
only his radio, but also his laptop computer (120V AC current)!

My question is, can we implement the same technology into our calculators
using the same idea?  It has to all fit inside that little compartment
without cutting any of the battery slots.  I replace my batteries about
once every 2 months.  Not to mention, the price of 8 good AAA batteries is
about $5.00.  I know a lot of people who wouldn't mind shelling out 20
bucks to replace their batteries with a device that could save them more.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org