Re: ZShell on 86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ZShell on 86

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997 22:42:19 -0400, "Ryan Goldenberg"
<goldenbe@gate.net> wrote:

> I heard that you didn't need ZShell on the TI-86 to run the *.85s files the
>TI-85 was using in ZShell.   I heard you could use the TI-86 built in
>assembly functions to run these games.  (*.85s or *.86s)  Is this true, and
>if so, is the "ASM" function involved?

Well, no. The 86 won't be able to run any of the assembly stuff from
the 85 *ever*. Unless someone writes an emulator, which would be slow,
memory-consuming and utterly useless, since all you have to to is
convert the source - as long as your game isn't custom-made for the
85. The 86 is also slower than the 85, which wouldn't help...

>I have a program called zPong.86s that I transferred to my calculator and
>tried running using "Asm(zPong)" but it said "ERROR 10 DATA TYPE" Am I using
>the wrong parameters and how do I run it successfully?

I don't own a 86, but doesn't Asm( take an ASCII-file with hexcodes
and make it into a program that can be run directily?

Follow-Ups: References: