Re: ZShell on 86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ZShell on 86

Obviously, your response shows you don't know much about programming.
ACTUALLY, it would not involve an emulator of any sort; merely a Zshell
shell for the 86.  It would involve work and trouble, but it may be possible.

At 04:40 PM 8/20/97 GMT, Niklas Brunlid wrote:
>On Tue, 19 Aug 1997 22:42:19 -0400, "Ryan Goldenberg"
><goldenbe@gate.net> wrote:
>
>> I heard that you didn't need ZShell on the TI-86 to run the *.85s files the
>>TI-85 was using in ZShell.   I heard you could use the TI-86 built in
>>assembly functions to run these games.  (*.85s or *.86s)  Is this true, and
>>if so, is the "ASM" function involved?
>
>Well, no. The 86 won't be able to run any of the assembly stuff from
>the 85 *ever*. Unless someone writes an emulator, which would be slow,
>memory-consuming and utterly useless, since all you have to to is
>convert the source - as long as your game isn't custom-made for the
>85. The 86 is also slower than the 85, which wouldn't help...
>
>>I have a program called zPong.86s that I transferred to my calculator and
>>tried running using "Asm(zPong)" but it said "ERROR 10 DATA TYPE" Am I using
>>the wrong parameters and how do I run it successfully?
>
>I don't own a 86, but doesn't Asm( take an ASCII-file with hexcodes
>and make it into a program that can be run directily?

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@writeme.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...