Re: Ok I'm new and want to know how to make a LINK

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Anonym5530 wrote:

> Can someone please direct me to link schematics that'll work with any of
> the TI software out there at least some of it! I'd also like to know
Try http://www.ticalc.org, there is lots of information there.

which
> is better the TI 85 or TI 92, I want this for school not Work! So I don't
> want anything that if it gets stolen I'm out a you know -load of money!
> Thanks Please either mail me or I'll check this again thanks! But if ya
> can please mail it to me! As I don't get to Newsgroups often enough!
> Thanks

Well, since the 85 costs roughly half of th 92, you'll be out less if it
gets ripped off.  That is new, of course.  There is a whole sleu of
used  85's being sold on this news group, so you could pick one up for
about $50, if not less.

The 92, however, is much more powerful of a calculator, which has many
more functions that the 85 cannot do.  It also has more memory, a bigger
screen and a QWERTY keyboard.  The price reflects this.

A good compromise is the newest 86.  it costs about $120, $20 more than
a new 85.  While you don't get many of the functions from 92 that the 85
lacks, you get many functions left out of the 85 that were implemented
in the newer 83.  This includes tables, and a better statistics & lists
editor, for starters.  The 86 also has more user memory than the 92.

Todd