Re: HAL Problems?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HAL Problems?

> I downloaded HAL...I whiped up a really quick program and tried to compile
it..

> here is it (for the TI-85)
>
>         Test
>         cls
>         RET
>
> All this does is just clear the screen correct?

Actually, the program would run to fast to see. You might see the screen
flicker as your shell redraws.

> I got a messagge when i tried to compile it:
>         TASM Z80 Assembler.       Version 3.0.1  June, 1994.
>         Copyright (C) 1985-1994 by Speech Technology Incorporated
>         tasm: pass 1 complete.
>         tasm: pass 2 complete.
>         tasm: Number of errors = 0
>         Divide error
>
>         STRING85 v4.0   Copyright (C) 1995 Dan Eble & Magnus Hagander
>
>         Generating ZShell 4.0 file.
>
>         Converting yes -> yes.85s   (13 bytes)
>         There were errors.

The divide error is a random bug that we haven't tracked down yet. Just
compile again. Nine times out of ten, it will work.

>  now, what did I do wrong? Is it my coding? Do I need to do heading or
> something? I don't have a clue of what to do with HAL, nor do my friends!
> (Due to the lack of documentation)

We're working on documentation.

> Also, it's written in VB1.0 (include the DLL files next time please)

Okay, I'll check that out.

> also, it is annoying have 2 windows up for HAL, it would be nicer if there
> were just 1 window...like Word or so....

Another VB 1.0 bug. The problem has been fixed and the new 32bit SuperHAL
will be released on Tuesday.