From:   James Hall [SMTP:jrhall@infocom.com]
Sent:   Saturday, August 02, 1997 7:23 AM
To:     Michael Chan; Calc-Ti Email list
Subject:        Re: HAL Problems?

you need to add a space...
like this:
Test
 cls
 RET
and it should work

------

> I downloaded HAL...I whiped up a really quick program and tried to
> compile it..
>
> here is it (for the TI-85)
>
>         Test
>         cls
>         RET
>
> All this does is just clear the screen correct?
>
> I got a messagge when i tried to compile it:
>         TASM Z80 Assembler.       Version 3.0.1  June, 1994.
>         Copyright (C) 1985-1994 by Speech Technology Incorporated
>         tasm: pass 1 complete.
>         tasm: pass 2 complete.
>         tasm: Number of errors = 0
>         Divide error
>
>         STRING85 v4.0   Copyright (C) 1995 Dan Eble & Magnus
> Hagander
>
>         Generating ZShell 4.0 file.
>
>         Converting yes -> yes.85s   (13 bytes)
>         There were errors.
>

> now, what did I do wrong? Is it my coding? Do I need to do
heading
> or something? I don't have a clue of what to do with HAL, nor do
my
> friends! (Due to the lack of documentation) Also, it's written in
> VB1.0 (include the DLL files next time please) also, it is annoying
> have 2 windows up for HAL, it would be nicer if there were just 1
> window...like Word or so....

------

 /                        N9XLC                           \
|                          James                              |
|                JRHall@infocom.com                |
|                N9XLC@hotmail.com                |
|                N9XLC@rocketmail.com           |
| R. I. P.    N9XLC@juno.com                     |