Re: Get a Sony WEB TV for ONLY $204.95 + Much More!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Get a Sony WEB TV for ONLY $204.95 + Much More!

On Thu, Jul 31, 1997 7:36 PM, Jesse Samuels <mailto:JESSE.SAMUELS@ASU.EDU>
wrote:
> this is spam, I'm pissed. can I sue?

Not really, it's not illegal. Some people like to think that the junk fax
law is enough to stop UCE, but this has never been used in any court case
I've heard of.

(In fact, a user on my ISP was accused of SPAM(tm)ming when **he** accused
one ISP of sending him UCE & threatened to sue.)

I'd prefer it if nothing would be done about these UCE people, actually.
I've got enough filters on my mail account to take out almost all the
SPAM(tm) I receive, and I'd rather not see the government get involved with
the InterNet.

Nick Zitzmann                             No WWW page at this time.
(Resident Macintosh Tweaker)
                                          Windows 95:
                                          From the people who brought you
                                            EDLIN!