Re: RESTRICTING DOMAINS

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RESTRICTING DOMAINS

1) STOP SHOUTING!!!

Thanx...

For double inequalities, you need to specify each part separately.  Also, by
putting all of it in one function, it is easier to trace.  Don't divide,
multiply and add the products.  Where an inequality is false, that term will
equal 0.
Note: this is not in the manual, I picked it up from years of programming
experience and a little ingenuity, and developed it when I needed to graph
piecewise functions easily (well, sort of)...

y1=(x^2)(x<0)+(x^3)(x>0)(x<1)+(2x-1)(x>1)

At 22:32 9/18/96 -0400, Mark XIII wrote:
>HI,
>
>DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO RESTRICT THE DOMAIN ON TI85. I HAVE TO GRAPH
>THREE FUNCTIONS
>
>Y=X^2 IF X<0
>Y=X^3 IF 0<X<1
>y=2X-1 IF 1<X
>
>I CAN RESTRICT THE FIRST AND THIRD DOMAINS BY TYPING:
>Y1=(X^2)/(X<0)
>Y2=..........
>Y3=(2X-1)/(1<X)
>
>WHEN I TRY TO ENTER THE FOLLOWIN LINE FOR Y2
>Y2=(X^3)/(0<X<1)
>I GET THE ENTIRE GRAPH OF X^3
>WHAT CAN I DO TO RESTRICT THE DOMAIN FOR THIS FUNCTION.  I COULDN'T FIND
>AN ANSWER IN THE MANUAL EITHER.
>
>THANX.
>
>--
>MARK XIII
>------------------------------------
>You can pick your nose, and
>You can pick you friend; but
>You can't pick your friend's nose!
>------------------------------------
>Mail me at: sulk@mail.idt.net
>mailto:sulk@mail.idt.net

| Peter Kolbus                           +1.810.474.0872 |
| ae607@detroit.freenet.org      #include <disclaimer.h> |
| Due to financial problems, the light at the end of     |
|   the tunnel has been permanently disconnected.        |
| Who is General Failure, and who gave him permission    |
|    to read drive C?                                    |
| ***Written using 100% recycled electrons***            |
|         *** (70% post-consumer) ***                    |