Re: ZShell Program Size

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ZShell Program Size

Nathaniel Gibson wrote:

> > Ok now onto the subject of this message.  Does anyone know approximately the
> >size of a
> > gameboy game(in K)  The reason why I want to know this is because I have some
> >ideas for
> > games but am unsure if they would fit on the TI-85.  For those wondering what
> >types of
> > games( a Final Fantasy type of game, Ultima, Hockey, Zelda, Racing Game:RC Pro
> >AM, Pole
> > Position to name a few)  If that type of programs would be to big I will wait
> >until
> > Fargo is released.
>
> > --
> >Tim Potter
Ok let me get some things straight. The smallest gameboy game is tetris
which is 150 kiloBITS not kilobytes. That means it's about 16k in size!
Two, none will program the 8bit stereo sound. Plus, the resolution is
but in half, AND not every game has to be 4 shades of gray. I found all
this out from Nintendo Power, printed by the company that MAKES these
games. The only thing is, most games are 1, 2 or 4 megabits, so those
you'd have to really compress.