Re: A standard TI-82 OS

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A standard TI-82 OS

On 11 Sep 96 at 21:39, Bryan Rabeler wrote:

> I would be willing to create a standrd OS for the TI-82.  I have
> had the calculator for about 3 years and I know everything on it.  I
> think we need to make a standard OS because i've already seen two
> OS' for the 82, BACOS and a win95 one.  I haven't seen either one,
> but from what I can see, they are not completed yet.  If there is a
> standard OS for the 82, then all programs can be made this way and
> there won't be any compatiably problems.  What do you all think?

There _is_ a standard OS for TI-82, the TI-OS!! Since it's built-in
in ROM, everyone has it, and there will never be any compatibility
problems!

If you want to know what I think about making _another_ OS, I think
it's a total waste of time. First of all, you can't write an OS in
TI-basic. Maybe you can write a set of subprograms that can be used
in other programs, but I wouldn't call that an OS! Even if you would
call that an OS, who needs a Win95 interface on a calculator?!! It
would inevitably take up most of the memory and I doubt many people
would find it worth to use it..

<pre>
--
 Mattias Lindqvist