Re: Is Fargo a Hoax?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Is Fargo a Hoax?

"Lamari, Matthew" <mlamari@origin.ea.com> writes:

>If it exists, at least someone should know the backdoor.  I mean, at
>least crashing it via this "backdoor" that would allow you to vector to
>some code should be possible.

I know the backdoor:  Send a backup to the TI-92 that is bigger than the
usual backup size.  It will (supposedly) wrap back to the beginning of
memory.  The person who tried this noted that if he put instructions in
the overlapped portion, it would sometimes call those instructions (ie,
an interrupt call or something, I'm not sure).  Anyway, it's obvious that
if you can get just one single instruction to execute, you've broken open
the barrier..

If I had a TI-92, I'd whip out Fargo in no time.

-blackbob [jim@kd3bj.ampr.org]
-http://www.kd3bj.ampr.org/~jim/