Re: HP48 vs TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HP48 vs TI-92

Mark P. Wilson (mwilson@afit.af.mil) wrote:
: 3)  Cutesy radical simplification so your teacher thinks you came up
: with that "2 root 3" in the numerator all by yourself.  Again, outside
: of school, (i.e. the real world) you will not be seing too many square
: root symbols in reports.  You will see lots of decimal points, though,
: and the Hp-48s higher internal precision comes in handy.
: --
: Mark Wilson
:
: "You see me now a veteran
: of a thousand psychic wars..."

The HP can do this as well. ALGB's ability to simplify radicals and
large fractions has impressed my teachers to no end. I am in a public high
school so that's not saying much. Up till I got my HP I gave answers like
'root of 1228' and 12367/32589.

| "Young lady, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!"      |
|                                                 -Homer J. Simpson     |
| agent86@netaxs.com                               Mark E. Anderson     |