Re: willing to make computer to calc link for $19.95

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: willing to make computer to calc link for $19.95

>Where did you find the supermini-stereo jack needed for the Calculator >end of
the connection?  This has been my major obstacle in >manufacturing link cables
for people.  I assume the TI-92 uses the same >connector as the TI-85 and
TI-82.

Radio Shack does not have a 2.5 mm stereo jack(I mean the male end) for
the 85, however, they do have a converter that brings a regular
headphone sized stereo plug down to 2.5mm stereo that does work with the
calculator.  I made my link using a parallel port conecter that went out
through a headphone sized plug(available anywhere) and connect this to
my TI-85 using the adaptor.  This adaptor is not limited to this use, as
you can also use it to connect your every day headphones to the TI-85
for z-shell things with sound and such.  It costs about $1.50.  Parts
Express(about 1/10 the price of radio shack) will have everything you
need- jacks, adaptors, etc and can be contacted at
xpess@parts-express.com or 1800-338-0531(get their catalog, its very
good).   I hope that helped.

Also, if you dont know this already, you could buy the materials for
your link here at a MUCH cheaper price.