I seem to have forgotten some basic math.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

I seem to have forgotten some basic math.

I seem to have forgotten some basic math...would someone please rehash,
remind, reteach to me why the area of a circle is pi*r^2, why the
circumfrence of a circle is 2pi*r and why and how pi (the omnipotent,
omniscient, and god-like) was figured to be the ratio of a circle's
diameter to it's circumfrence.

i know it seems like a dumb question but it occurred to me today that i
can't remember why those things are what they are.

i am nothing more than a lowly precalculus highschool student...so please
try to make your explanation as simple as possible.  i know that i am scum
of the earth...but then again so are most politicians these days.