Re: TI-82 ROM Version (Self Test)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-82 ROM Version (Self Test)

Dear Craig,
  There is no proof to the rumor that an industrial spy from the American
Battery Sales Organization secretly deposited the "mode alpha S " code
into the TI-8x series.   The counting is the number of passes to the self
test.  If a calc passes the self test once it's okay.  The calc will keep
going because the self-test defeats the auto power down feature.
 The counting repeats after some good bianry number like 16k or 32k or
such.  If you have a little extra money for some batteries and don't mind
losing use of your calc for a day you could find the actual number.

stay connected,
Elwood