Re: TI-85 vs TI-83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-85 vs TI-83

I personally use an 85 and perfer it over the 83.. but that is about what it
comes down to... preference. Games are fun (I have to admit I have several
different program sets on my PC for when I know I just want to veg in class),
but what it comes down to is the quality of the calculator. There are very few
things that the 83 is lacking.. but most of those are built in things (the
silmulatious equation solver... etc) that can be replicated with some
programing. Stick with the 83 for now... If your son is really going to be
getting into math in a big way in college... he will be looking to the 92 or
an HP anyways in the years to come...

BTW.. if he really wants to play games on his 83.. there are plenty out there!

-Paganini