Re: TI-GRAPHLINK

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-GRAPHLINK

On Fri, 18 Oct 1996, Robert W McGrew wrote:

> Good in theory. . . and that's what I thought just a coupla' days ago,
> till I found out from  the helpful folk here that the teeny tiny circuit
> board in that cable holds 50-60 different components packed in there!
> Either rig yourself up a serial link, or just break down and buy the
> Graphlink.  Anything else is just too darn complex.

I've been thinking (and can't try since I don't have a graphlink)...  Couldn't
you just put +5v into each of the calc end leads, and see where and how much
comes out the computer end, and rig something up to do the same thing?  If
anyone will just get out the voltmeter, and try it I'll see what I can do,
although I just know a little self-tought electronics, but maybe enough.

Tony Lieuallen = zarniwoop@juno.com = marvin@mars.superlink.net

"If cars had experienced the same technological progress that computers
have experienced in the last two decades,  cars would get 400 miles per
gallon, have 40,000 horsepower, cost under $500, and blow up at least once
per week, killing all occupants." - Unknown