Re: TI-85 vs TI-83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-85 vs TI-83

--->My son just purchased a TI-83 to use in his advanced algebra class.
Many of
--->his friends have a TI-85.  He feels that the 85 has more useful
functions and
--->is faster.  He would like to return his 83 and get an 85.  Is this
reasonable?

It really depends on how bad he's going to need to do statistics, because
that's about the only big drawback of the 85 that I can think of.  My
call would be to get the 85, since, like you said, his friends have 85's,
so he'll definitely want to link up with them.  Also, if he's into
programming them, the 85 is MUCH better than the 83.

>The 83 is more recent, but it is an update of the 82.  Is the processor
in the
>85 faster?

In my limited experience with the 83's, the 85 seems to be a good bit
faster than the 83.  You'd probably want to get a second opinion on that,
though :-)

-|/|/esley McGrew
wesleymcgrew@juno.com