Re: Strangeness...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Strangeness...

> The same thing kept happening to me except that it did it when I deleted
> ZShell.  I'd go to my custom menu and see all kinds of crap there.  If
you
> press a button on the crap, your calc will lock up.
>
> -The Great and Powerful Llama

Think about it for a minute.  You go and delete the STRNG named ZShell.
Then you go to the CUSTOM menu.  The CUSTOM menu is trying to read the text
"ZShell" from the ZShell string variable.  Well, if it isn't there, it's
just going to pull whatever is in that RAM location at that time (in this
case, gibberish).  The CUSTOM menu keys all point to specific RAM locations
where they will jump to when the key is pressed and they also display the
text from that location, so if ZShell is deleted, pressing F1 will jump to
that location in RAM, where nothing is stored, so the calc locks.

/*
 * -David Cantrell
 * kcscou19@mail.idt.net
 * Author of ChemLib 85 for ZShell and Homework Trakker+ for the TI-92
 * http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7938
 */