Strings and Variables

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Strings and Variables

TI-fans--

I am working on a Hangman program that needs another user to input a word
to be guessed.  This is designed for one calculator, you just hand it to
a friend to get your guessing word.  I made a two calculator chat program
that relied on getkey to store into a list, but it would be much simpler
if I could put character strings right into a variable, such as Yn, Un,
Vn, etc.  The manual for my TI-82 seems to imply that this is possible,
but that the string will be interpreted as a bunch of variables, and then
operated on appropriately when called.  For example, "WORD", when
displayed, would evaluate to W*O*R*D.  I really would hate to make a
whole separate getkey subroutine (or program) just for Hangman.  Any
thoughts?  Is there a way to store strings into variables, then use them
in individual letter testing/displaying without evaluating the expression?

Thanks in advance
--Chris

** :) Christopher M. Maj   --> Imajn8r
** :) E-Mail    --> ax116@freenet.buffalo.edu
** :) Home Page --> http://freenet.buffalo.edu/~ax116
** :) "Capital is the product of Labor; thus, it belongs to Labor."  -Abraham Lincoln