Re: TI-83 ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-83 ASM

> Has anyone assembled any assembly language programs for
> the TI-83 yet?  If you have or havn't, I have a question that I hope
> all of you assembly language gurus can answer.  Exactly where
> do i write the assembly programs?  Are Z-Shell programs compatible
> with TI-83 asm?  What can I use to assemble a programs once I
> have completed one?  Does any one have any programs or games
> that are specifically for the TI-83, and not the TI-82?  Where can I
> find
> find them?
> Thank you for your time.
>
> Derik Mitchell  gkuv81b@prodigy.com

I have not written ASM programs on the 83, but you follow the same
principal as the 85.  You write your code using a ASCII text editor (I
suggest QEdit, but Windows Notepad or DOS's EDIT will work).  Assemble your
programs using the Table Driven Assembler (TASM), you can obtain this at
TICALC.ORG.  Follow the instructions that TI provides on what ".org" value
should be, etc.  Also, make sure you use TI's header file in your source
code.  After you assemble the program, go to TI.COM to find out how to
convert the assembled program to a TI-83 variable.  I suggest the TI-85 for
ASM programming because there is a lot that has been done and a lot of
people can help and answer specific questions.

-David Cantrell
kcscou19@mail.idt.net
Author of ChemLib 85 for ZShell and Homework Trakker+ for the TI-92
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7938