Re: TI85 Programs - anything like GOSUB?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI85 Programs - anything like GOSUB?

Webster <webster@VOICENET.COM> Stated:

> Subject:      TI85 Programs - anything like GOSUB?
> To: CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
>
> Is there any command (okay I know there isn't a command for this) or a
> way to fake a gosub statement in a TI-85 basic program?  Gosub is like
> the old quickbasic statement to goto and execute a group of commands
> then return to the main program.
>  - webster

Write the subroutine as a seperate program and make the last statement in
the program a "Return" instruction.  Call the program from within another
program simply by making the statement the name of the subroutine program.
The subroutine program will execute and return to the calling program.  This
is the way gosub's are implemented in the TI-85.

Hope this helps?

billyd@early.com using NetcPlus
  A Mountain Man in Cyber Land