Re: ti pinball

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti pinball

Paul Bruner wrote:

>         If the keyboard is scan'd row by row, you might be able to scan
> for one key on one row and another on another row, of course if it has a
> keayboard controler you can't do much...

Familiar w/ ports on the TI-85?

ok, here it goes (I am in school so I don't have the excact values):

If you OUT a value to port 3, and then IN a value from port 3,
you can check if a key is up or down...

the value that you OUT to port 3, tells which keys to check/
not to check (if value=253 (bit 1 is unset) that might tell the
TI-85 only to look for {F1, F2, F3, F4, F5}
When you after that IN a value from port 3, that tells you which
of the wanted keys that are down. A 32 might mean that any of
{F1, SHIFT, ALPHA, ENTER} or something was pressed...
Then would know that the user was pressing [F1]!!!

Of course, this is only how to do it, the values are totaly wrong
but if you get a textfile called TI_PORTS on TICALC.ORG
you get a real lookup table!!!

I hope I helped you, (though my english is _really_ bad)

                                                          //Anton Ragnarsson