Re: ASM on TI-83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ASM on TI-83

>   trace@ultranet.com (Trace) writes:
>  I cannot even execute the one which is the ASM faq, which is a valid
program.

>  Please help...
>
>  Thanks.
>
>  In article <E1Brrq.CBC@news2.new-york.net>, "Harry Elam" <hbe@way.com>
wrote:
>  >>   trace@ultranet.com (Trace) writes:
>  >>  How do execute a ASM program? The:
>  >>  send(9prgmNAME
>  >>  doesnt work. :(
>  >>
>  >>  Thanks..
>  >>
>  >>>>>
>  >If NAME is actually the name of a valid ASM program in
>  >memory, it will work. You get "send(" from the Catalog,
>  >then type "9", then get prgmNAME from the PRGM
>  >EXEC menu, where NAME is listed.
>  >
>  >If you've done all this correctly and it still doesn't work,
>  >perhaps the program is not a valid ASM program. What
>  >program is it, and where did it come from? In the program
>  >editor, does every line start with a colon and contain an
>  >even number of hexadecimal digits, except for the last
>  >and third from last lines, which should read ":End"?
>  >
>  >                                Harry
>  >

Please go into the program editor and look at your code.
You should have exactly what follows, except that each
line should begin with a *single* colon:

CD5547
210300
220C80
213A93
CD0D47
CD7547
C9
54484953
20
4953
20
41
20
54455354
00
End
0000
End

If you see one or more blank lines at the end -- i.e., lines
containing *only* a colon -- delete them! There should be
no blank lines in an ASM program, although you can get
away with them in BASIC.

                                Harry