Re: Help with TI-92's nth root function and subscript

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Help with TI-92's nth root function and subscript

Unfortunately, the TI-92 has no nth-root function or key.  However, you can
make a function that does the same thing...
Try this (enter in the program editor):

xrooty(xx,yy)
Func
Return xx^(1/yy)
EndFunc

Or from the home screen:
Define xrooty(xx,yy)=xx^(1/yy)

(Replace xrooty with something shorter, if you like..)

Then xrooty(125,3) returns 5.  Neat, huh?

At 05:37 11/9/96 GMT, Heater wrote:
>On Fri, 08 Nov 1996 01:49:49 GMT, klkaatz@pacbell.net (Heater) wrote:
>
>>I've had a TI-92 for about a week now and, for the life of me, I
>>cannot find the nth root function.  I've found the square root
>>function easily enough but not the nth root function.   I've looked
>>from cover to cover through the book and I've looked through what
>>seems like every menu on the calculator.  NOTHING!
>>
>>Also,  can the TI-92 display subscript variables/notation?
>>
>>I'd appreciate any info.  Thanks.
>
>Thanks to everyone for responding.  I've never seen a calculator
>without a specific nth root function and not being able to find it was
>driving me bonkers.  I know that x ^ (1 / n) is equivalent to nth
>root.  However, x ^ (1 / n) just doesn't seem as clear to me as a
>plain nth root.  Anyway, I gues I'll be getting very familiar with x^
>(1 / n) in the near future.  Thanks again.

| Peter Kolbus                           +1.810.474.0872 |
| ae607@detroit.freenet.org      #include <disclaimer.h> |
| Due to financial difficulties, the light at the end of |
|   the tunnel has been permanently disconnected.        |
| The packet goes out the card, into the copper, out     |
|   the router, onto the fiber, across the world, thru   |
|   the copper............       NOTHING BUT NET.        |
| ***Written using 100% recycled electrons***            |
|         *** (80% post-consumer) ***                    |