Re: You can get the 2.5mm plug at R.S.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: You can get the 2.5mm plug at R.S.

Actually, no.  I have used the Radio shack adapter myself with no
problems... you need to get the STEREO converter, and strip off a little
bit of the plastic on the 2.5 end so it fits snugly.

At 06:47 11/9/96 GMT, Cajun 'Net Crusier wrote:
>Matthew Twomey <mtwomey@clc.cc.il.us> wrote in article
><55o7ak$ele@news.clc.cc.il.us>...
>> I have posted this again and again. Lately I've heard people using
>aligator
>> clicps to attach their link cables! People you can get a 2.5mm plus at
>Radio
>> Shack - ther don't have this exactly but they *do* have a 1/8 inch to
>2.5mm
>> stereo plug. You get this and make your link with an 1/8 plug instead.
>This
>> way you are all set to plug headphones into the TI as well when you want
>> play Pong or any other game with sound!
>>

>I have already tried this and it doesn't work. The connectors are spaced
>slightly differently on the real TI-xx cable. It ends up shorting two of
>them together.
>
>Just call TI and buy a unit to unit cable for $6 and make two link cables
>(Sell one!)

| Peter Kolbus                           +1.810.474.0872 |
| ae607@detroit.freenet.org      #include <disclaimer.h> |
| Due to financial difficulties, the light at the end of |
|   the tunnel has been permanently disconnected.        |
| The packet goes out the card, into the copper, out     |
|   the router, onto the fiber, across the world, thru   |
|   the copper............       NOTHING BUT NET.        |
| ***Written using 100% recycled electrons***            |
|         *** (80% post-consumer) ***                    |