Re: Fargo?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fargo?

In <4tmhfv$3cp@solaris.cc.vt.edu> chcrawfo@vt.edu writes:

>can someone explain to me exactly what Fargo is supposed to be?
>
>I'm completely lost here...
>
>Charles Crawford
>chcrawfo@vt.edu

Are you sitting?

Fargo is for the 92 what Zshell is for the 85: a program which takes
advantage of an aspect of the calc's OS to allow users to program in
assembly language.

Zshell actually exists, and has for a while.  Fargo, on the other hand,
does not as of yet.  All the general TI public knows of it is two
screen shots (one animated), depicting a Fargo menu screen and a Fargo
tetris program.  When these were available, so was a line of text
saying that Fargo would be available in a few days.  The days turned to
weeks.  It was then said that it is not known when Fargo will be
released, and it may take months.  It has.

Since then, the public, with Fargo being but a dream to them, began to
argue.  Here are their demands, in a nutshell:

-The Fargo programmers release a Beta version
-Those who complain about the delay, make their own version of Fargo
-The Fargo programmers tell how they managed to find the secret flaw in
the 92's OS so that others could make their own version of Fargo; this
demand was more or less related to the above demand

Perhaps "demand" is too strong a word, but after dozens of posts to
those effects, plus many questioning whether Fargo actually exists, or
was it just a scam, "the third Fargo programmer" attempted to explain
the delay, and that before they can make any major steps in the
project, they needed to get in contact with someone who has apparently
disappeared for the summer.  At least, that's what I remember the
problem was.

In other words, Fargo is a thing which will exist at an undetermined
point in the future, but for the time being, don't pay any attention to
it.  A watched pot never boils, and this pot is being watched more than
enough.  Worry about it when it comes out.

(this is just from what I have observed.  I'm no expert, so don't
anyone yell at me if I'm wrong somewhere.)

-DAN Wolfe
 ^^^