Re: is fargo a scam

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: is fargo a scam

Mark Wilson (mwilson@afit.af.mil) wrote:
: poz@jporritt.demon.co.uk wrote:

: SNIP
:> Anyway, the people working on Fargo are respected programmers,
:> some of them worked on Zshell for the TI85. Theyre not got to suddenly ditch
:> their reputations by pretending to have written something they havent - any
:> suggestion that they have is just pure paranoia.
:> --Poz

: I still don't see how this explains why they won't talk to anybody about
: whats going on.  They obviously are behind the original schedule, yet
: they don't solicit any help or give any idea whats going on .  They
: don't need to repeat their original mistake of promising it daily, but
: by not saying anything they are making another mistake.  It would go a
: long way towards easing everybody's minds if they just sent some update
: to this group.  The closed circle of people working on it , who won't
: enlighten anybody as to their progress, tend to breed the "paranoia" you
: mention.

: Lets face facts!  Fargo is a very exciting product, and considering the
: considerable shortcomings of the Ti-92, may make it a salvageable tool
: after all.  Can you really blame people for being antsy about the
: program that actually has the potential to put the Ti-92 on top?  And if
: the FARGO group can't produce, why can't they share their information
: with others in this group who can?  Unitl these questions are answered,
: this group will be plagued by the complaint posts.
: --
: Mark Wilson

Well spoken. That's exactly how I feel. I have mailed them twice, the latest
time asking them to just tell me the format and address of the screen so I
could emulate the TI92 on my amiga and code something there while waiting
for Fargo, but I have gotten no answer yet...
So I just assume the screen is the same format as the screendumps; Just
30x128 bytes in one bitplane (BTW I have made a screendump-reader/viewer
on my Amiga for the $4-parallel cable, if anyone's interested).

// Jonas