Re: ti92 programming?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti92 programming?

This seems to be the key... There is a bug of some sort in the Graph-Link
utility (or in the calc link, I don't remember) that if you send a backup
that is too large, it cycles back to the beginning of memory after reaching
the end. Using this, you can rewrite the registers and interrupt vectors.  I
don't have a '92, nor do I know the internals of the 68000 or assembly
language, so I cannot work on this.  If you know the 68000, you should not
have any trouble making a Fargo clone...

There are two problems with this approach, though.  First, the calc jumps as
soon as the register is overwritten, and second, the backup is ROM-version-
specific.

At 17:07 7/18/96 GMT, you wrote:
>Mark Wilson (mwilson@afit.af.mil) wrote:
>: BINET Guillaume wrote:
>: >
>: > > >Also, is accessing the 68000 still a well-kept secret until the
>: > > >release of Fargo ?
>: >
>: >         Without any reason in fact ... Or just to become an hero ...
>

>: I'm not implying you are a whiner, but why can these mysterious "FARGO"
>: programmers work on the assembly stuff and you can't?  What information
>: do they have that you don't, or can't get?  From your previous posts, you
>: seem to have a background in assembly; why not start your own open,
>: effort?  With all the other assembly programming experts you could
>: contact through this group, you might do better than the closed circle of
>: FARGO guys.
>
>: A litle competition will bring out the best product...
>
>: Just wondering.
>
>Problem is, the TI92 really cant be programmed in assembler unless you figure
>out how to get around the OS...which the fargo programmers obviously succeeded
>in. I'm going to try as soon as I get a cable, but it may take a while or not
>work at all... and all this can be avoided by sharing some few lines of info.
>
>I would at least want to know how the screen is adressed, so I can start
>writing a game on amiga and download it when fargo is released.
>
>//Jonas

| Peter Kolbus                           +1.810.474.0872 |
| ae607@detroit.freenet.org      #include <disclaimer.h> |
| "640K should be enough for anybody"                    |
|             -Bill Gates, 1986                          |
| Who is General Failure, and why is he reading drive C? |
| ***Written using 100% recycled electrons***            |