Re: Which TI does your school require

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which TI does your school require

In article <4sgdju$cpn@news.iusb.edu>,
   spowell@sun1.iusb.edu (Simone P Powell) wrote:
>Hello, I am a Precalculus teacher who needs some information to pass on
>to may students this fall.  I will be encouraging them to buy a TI
>calculator of their choice.  However I would like to present to them
>a list of Universities and the TI calculators they require.  For example,
>Indiana university at South Bend requires TI-82 for thier Pre-Calculus
>Mathematics course.  I am not just interested in Precalculus.  I am
>interested in the type of required calculator your university requires
>and for what course weather it be Precalculus, Linear Algebra, and so on.
>Please specify the Univesity, Course, and calculator.  I feel this
>information would be extreemly valuable to a high school studnet trying
>to determine which calculator is best for their needs.  I also intend to
>provide them with specs found on the TI home page.  If I get enough
>replies, I will be happy to post the results for all to see.  Thanks for
>your time and cooperation.--
>

>Sam Powell
>Computer/Mathematics Teacher
>Northridge High School
>Middlebury Indiana

I just transferred to Portland State University from Portland Community
College, and while I do not yet know what the University wants you to use, the
 math dept. at the community college is moving from the TI85 to the TI92
starting in the fall.  I purchased one recently, and it is almost too good!
It is really an excellant calculator, and quite easy to use.  This switch
applies mainly to the upper math classes, such as MTH 251 and higher.  I
suppose the 92 could be used in lower classes, however it might be overkill!
Hope this helps...
Chris Benson
pcc60325@teleport.com