Re: Explain some things to me (begginer)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Explain some things to me (begginer)

>>Of course I'm a begginer because I don't know half as much as normal
>>people do.  That manual is worthless if your trying to program.
>
>Actually, I found the manual to be very informative when learning
>about program in TI-Basic. Of course, it does assume a basic
>familiarity with standard programming constructs. (i.e. FOR-NEXT,
>IF-THEN-ELSE, etc.)

I had never heard of any of those types of things, and it wasn't that
hard to learn- though I didn't realize the usefullness of having both
while _and_ repeat statements, since they're so similar.  Also, I had to
look up the syntax for a couple of things later, since the first time I
read it I was just memorizing what everything did.  Now that I'm starting
to teach myself Pascal, I really wish TI-BASIC had a case statement.
(For those of you who don't know what that is, a case statement is
written case [var] of  [value]:command; [value]:command; [value]:command;
...end)

   /      \    /               /\       /          Klien Bottle for rent;
inquire within.
  /___/   /____     /  \     /           Smoke a cigarette.  Slit your
throat.  Same concept.
 /       \   /              /    \   /             Nothing but Net!
/____/ /_____  /       \/              benkc@juno.com