Re: Which TI should I buy?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which TI should I buy?

>   you@somehost.somedomain (CerealBox) writes:
>  In article <19961130003300.TAA15249@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
>  kitten344@aol.com says...
>  >
>  >I would say either the 82 or the 83, honestly... the 85 is powerful but
>  >not easy to use- the 82 and 83 were made after the 85 was, because the
>  85
>  >just was too confusing.  I use an 82 and love it, but recently alot of
>  my
>  >associates have bought the 83s, which are suppossedly the best on the
>  >market right now.  so definitely either the 82 or 83
>  >
>  >
>  >                     ~*Kitty Allen*~
>  ><Kitten344@aol.com>
>  >                               "My inner moth is dead."
>
>  HA!
>
>  What do you know?
>
>  The 83 sucks.  It still has those ugly full screen menus and far fewer
>  capabilities (especially programming wise -- no ZShell).  And it's not
>  like the 85 is so hard to understand -- most TI calcs are pretty easy to
>  pick up.  If you want a calculator that's hard to understand, try an HP
>  -- those things use RPN and have so many functions there's two shift
>  keys.
>
>  <(|:^)

Right. You can't run ZShell on the TI-83. Why? Because it's *made* to
run assembly language without any complicated add-ons. Fewer
capabilities than the TI-85. True, you can't do differential equations,
eigenvalues, or eigenvectors on the TI-83. People with 85s, of course,
do that stuff all the time. On the other hand, the TI-83 has tremendous
financial and statistical capabilities which some people may find useful.

Basically, you pays your money and you takes your choice.

                                        Harry

Follow-Ups: References: